Network and Distribution
What is 4G?
4G is the fourth generation of mobile phone technology that follows on from the existing 3G and 2G mobile technology. LTE in 4G LTE stands for Long Term Evolution, the path followed to achieve 4G speeds.
Learn how Vodafone’s 4G LTE connects you to the things you care about most in an instant.
- Benefits of 4G LTE
- 4G LTE allows you to do everything a whole lot faster:
- Stream your favorite movies and TV shows
- Download and view HD movies.
- Download songs in a few beats.
- Share photos in a flash.
- Watch live TV in HD.
- Play multiplayer online games.
In order to experience a full 4G LTE experience, you’ll need a 4G enabled device from Vodafone. See our range of compatible devices here. You can also refer to our coverage list to see where our 4G LTE service is available. Shopping or at school and require a fast 4G LTE connection? You can connect to our Wi-Fi hotspots in various malls and College Campuses. Learn about our Wi-Fi services here.
Wireless networking technology uses radio waves to provide wireless high-speed internet and network connections. As the most popular means of communicating data wirelessly, it uses a single static device to function. WiFi benefits include;
- Wireless connection between sender and receiver (no physical connection needed).
- Fixed monthly price for the amount of data you use.
- Ability to connect multiple devices at once.
The attraction of WiFi is that what you use it for and how much you use is totally up to you. With Vodafone’s seamless, ultra-fast Wi-Fi you only get billed for data used, not time spent, so you start and stop your data consumption as you please.